Monday 25th -Wednesday 27th July 2022
Theme: ‘Africa’s response to Antimicrobial Resistance: Accelerating One Health National Action Plans implementation for the next 5 years’
1. To bring together AMR experts, CSOs, academia, ministries, research institutions, intergovernmental institutions to discuss regional challenges and approaches to addressing AMR and the next steps in NAPs’ review and implementation.
2. To assess existing NAP implementation progress and ongoing challenges within the region and tease out the lessons learned.
3. To discuss key activities, steps that will result in a catalytic action for the next 5 years ensuring no country is left behind.
4. To provide way forward for countries on how best to implement NAPs on AMR via a One Health approach.
5. Promote and share evidence-based interventions such as implementation research and behavioral approaches in addressing AMR within and across sectors.
EXPECTED CONFERENCE OUTCOMES
1. Participants get a better understanding of the One Health AMR NAP implementation status in the African region and get a better understanding of the progress and opportunities that exist.
2. Provide a platform for South-South and North-South exchanges and networking across the One Health sector and inter-country networking.
3. Identify opportunities for individuals and organisations to work together on common activities, creating twinning opportunities and mentorships across the region.
4. Increased knowledge and understanding of making progress across One Health as a viable way in addressing AMR.
5. Participants have increased knowledge in evidence-based interventions such as the use of implementation and intervention research in addressing AMR through NAP implementation.
6. A summary paper of the conference will be published offering reflections on NAP implementation progress with recommendations on what countries and the region need to do to catalyze action and facilitate NAP implementation for the