After attending this program, participants will be able to:
1. Describe preventive and treatment strategies for metabolic bone disease and the four non-pharmacologic treatment options to control reflux in newborns.
2. Describe the use of therapeutic hypothermia for newborns with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy
3. Summarize and critically review emerging research on the Eat, Sleep, Console method for infants with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS)
4. Identify nutritional challenges during the first week of life for an extremely preterm infant
5. Describe how evidence-based skin care practices can protect the newborn’s skin microbiome.
RN CE credit: 6.0
RD CPEU credit: 6.0