The Mauritius Budget Speech in June introduced several incentives, including relaxed immigration requirements and more flexibility in terms of investment. This has prompted many South Africans to actively explore the possibility of relocating to Mauritius. Due to overwhelming demand, we are pleased to host our sixth session of this webinar together with Xpatweb and Temple Group. Some notable changes are:
1. Combining the Work and Residence Permits into one;
2. Lengthening the Occupation Permit (OP) for retirees to 10 years;
3. Reducing the investment needed to obtain an OP from USD 100,000 to USD 50,000;
4. Extending the Permanent Residence Permit (PRP) from 10 to 20 years.
These changes, among many, provide a unique opportunity for one to invest in and become a part of the “new” gateway to Africa.
MAIN TOPIC AREAS
1. Why South Africans are choosing Mauritius;
2. Covid-19 free & International Travel Update;
3. Unpacking the Mauritius Budget Speech;
4. Pertinent relocation considerations for young families;
5. Setting up your company in Mauritius;
6. Settling in Mauritius without purchasing property; and
7. Wealth & Tax Protection strategies for HNWI’s.