Join the Connecticut Fair Housing Center in celebrating Fair Housing month! This April, the Center is hosting a virtual, panel-style 'lunch and learn' to highlight the contribution of women of color to the Fair Housing movement.
This presentation seeks to pay homage to the foundation set by women in the past, put a spotlight on the women of the present, and empower the women of the future!
We will be joined by keynote speakers:
• Lisa Rice, the President and CEO of the National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA)
• Keenya Robertson the President & CEO of HOPE, Inc. Fair Housing Center
• Vanessa Liles, Ph. D and Co-Project Director at PT Partners
• Karen DuBois-Walton the President of Elm City Communities/Housing Authority of the City of New Haven and,
• Monique Price-Taylor, M.S. Program Manager at Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH)
As we explore why housing should be a part of every race conversation, and why it is so heavily resisted.
At the conclusion of this presentation, we will unveil a virtual exhibit on our website that will allow participants to interact with more information on the women of color in fair housing!
We look forward to having you!
If you are having trouble accessing the event, need to request an accommodation or have any inquiries about accessibility, please contact Rashida Rattray at firstname.lastname@example.org.