The COP26 conference agreed the global rules on net zero, covering how countries would count their carbon emissions, as week as common reporting of industrial support, new mechanisms and standards for international carbon markets, and common timeframes for emissions reductions targets.
This session will look at what governments now need to do to play by the agreed rules:
- How countries need to measure climate emissions
- What structures countries need to put in place to do the accounting
- What the best approach is internationally
- The important of comparting like with like
- How countries will be encouraged to keep to their commitments.